September 30, 2011

Three Sisters

The three sisters I have known most of their and my life is brought to mind with this funny story. They are starting to slow down a little but the will of the three combined make up for any problems brought on by the advancing years.


Three sisters, ages 92, 94, and 96, lived together in a large, rambling house in Asheville, North Carolina. One night, the 96-year-old was drawing a bath. She put her foot in and paused. She shouted to her two sisters, "Was I getting in or out of the bath?"

The 94-year-old yelled back, "I don't know. I'll come up and see."

She started up the stairs and paused. "Was I going up the stairs or down?"

The 92-year-old was sitting at the kitchen table, having tea and listening to her sisters. She shook her head and said, "I sure hope I never get that forgetful, knock on wood..." She then shouted, "I'll come up and help both of you as soon as I see who's at the door."

No comments: