August 11, 2010

The Coffee Critic

I was gifted recently with a single serve coffee maker. It's great and it has opened up a new world for me as a coffee critic. I have tried many brands, most all of which are available locally and I am sure the same will apply for you. I will list the brands that appeal to me in no particular order except that my favorite will of course like all such lists be reserved for last.

They are all it seems equal in taste to me the amateur critic. On the list of ground coffees are:

Dunkin Doughnuts

8 o'clock

Bob Evans

Seattle's Best

Folger's

Maxwell House

and the favorite is..wait a minute, we have a split vote. I the 'coffee critic' mentioned above picked:

Peets

I learned about Peets from Internet nerd Chris Pirillo who got hooked on the stuff and had to wean himself off of it. It was not available in my part of the country until now and even when it did become available it is the most costly of all the brands mentioned, ten bucks. A little high for me, but oh so good. Now for the split vote, my fellow judge picks Bob Evans coffee. She says it is the most mellow. To be quite frank though I think I will get out of the critic business because I liked them all, almost equally. Flip your coin and take your pick.

If you like another one better, let me know, I'd like to give it a try.

No comments: