January 5, 2010

Small pleasures do the trick for me now; Sweet.


As you age things you never much thought of can make your day, or mine to be more specific. We visited a different supermarket today to pick up a few things and saw that this store stocks products that we thought were no longer available. As I said before small pleasures can make our day. My wife pointed to an item that has been off our shelves for many years. It was Mallomars, a little chocolate covered marshmallow cookie. It made my day. It was like I was revisiting my youth. We found another item that seemed to be gone but has made a new appearance in this new to us store. More discoveries were made and very soon now I will remove the box of Mallomars from the fridge, pour a big glass of milk and celebrate the cookie I thought I would never taste again.

No comments: