October 9, 2010

OMG, Mite dung?


OH MY GOD! I've been reading a review of a new book by Bill Bryson. He's the writer of A WALK IN THE WOODS, about walking the Appalachian Trail. His new book is called AT HOME from which I read this, and I'm not sure I'm glad I did. He takes us on a tour of his house in England and in his comical way explains in depth each room and it's contents would be worth looking into, EXCEPT this blurb where he is writing about bedrooms.

Consider the contents of the bedroom: “It has been calculated that if your pillow is six years old (which is the average age for a pillow), one-tenth of its weight will be made up of sloughed skin, living and dead mites, and mite dung.”

If enough people read this book I fear there will be a terrible run on pillows in stores around the nation. I'm thinking about visiting my local home furnishing store today.

No comments: