September 9, 2010

Helen Keller and the movie



Everything about this piece of film is astounding. First is that it is based on fact. Try as I can, trying to emulate being blind and deaf from birth is an impossibility. How absolutely lost and disconnected I would be. Then having an intelligence such as Keller did and having no input, no sound, no sight. I try to but find it impossible.

I have seen the scene above many times, but I am always awestruck that it really did happen and there was a person named Helen Keller and she really did start out life as described and a great dedicated teacher was able to make a connection and opened the world to her pupil. Fantastic in fact and in the interpretation for the movie.

The actors in the movie were so very good in interpreting how it might have been.

No comments: