July 19, 2009



Don't make William angry:William Shakespeare (1564-1616) QUOTATION: Fill all thy bones with aches. ATTRIBUTION: The Tempest. Act i. Sc. 2.

Ouch that would hurt a lot having that said to me, worse I think than telling me to go to that way down southern region.


Some Shakespeare sonnets that to my unschooled ear make me wish I were an actor. Every actor must want to speak some lines like these:







That time of year thou may'st in me behold,
When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang
Upon those boughs which shake against the cold,--
Bare ruin'd choirs, where late the sweet birds sang.
Sonnet lxxiii.



My grief lies onward and my joy behind.
Sonnet l.



Bid me discourse, I will enchant thine ear.
Venus and Adonis. Line 145.



Farewell! thou art too dear for my possessing.
Sonnet lxxxvii.


Check out this site to find out all about 'old Bill'.




1 comment:

Hazel K. said...

"Fill all thy bones with aches", yikes, Will must have wished arthritis on someone!! =O