May 12, 2007

Every so often a person walks the earth with us who is extraordinary in their beliefs and deeds. Gandhi was one, and Mother Teresa was another.

I receive these every so often from brainythoughts.com. I recommend the site.

Brainy Quote - Mother Teresa, nothing I cant handle

“I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that He didn’t trust me so much.”

Mother Teresa, (1910 - 1997), was an Albanian Roman Catholic nun who founded the Missionaries of Charity and won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 for her humanitarian work.

For over forty years, she ministered to the needs of the poor, sick, orphaned, and dying of Calcutta (Kolkata). As her religious order grew she expanded her ministry to other countries. By the 1970s she had become internationally famed as a humanitarian and advocate for the poor and helpless, due in part to a documentary, and book, Something Beautiful for God by Malcolm Muggeridge

No comments: