March 25, 2007

Spring has arrived and I'm still alive. As you can see, springtime brings out many diverse feelings in me. One is, thank God, I survived the winter. (although winter this year was not too bad) The other and most prevalent is that I am thrilled to see another spring arrive. It is a time of renewal in thought and deed. The deed is the opportunity to toil again in the gardens. Change will be the operative word this spring again; changes in the landscape is in the offing. It's almost an annual springtime rite. Just when it's agreed that we will do no more but maintain and enjoy, the demons of being a Gemini invade my wife's soul and what was once a landscape complete is no more. Change, that is the keyword again. I will once again accept the role of field hand, and dig, and chop, and pry, and relocate, and prepare the earth for seedlings or brick, to follow a plan percolating in the mind of my resident Gemini. I will in future editions expound in greater length about the changes and about Gemini's in general.


"Spring is a heart full of hope and a shoe full of rain."


-- Unknown

ANOTHER SIMILAR QUOTATION:

Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush.
Doug Larson

OR THIS BY ME WHICH KIND OF DESCRIBES MY AREAS SPRING THUS FAR:

RAIN


Rain, rain and more rain
a week of rain.
Will it stop today?


Through winters snows and ice
I waited
knowing that the sun would free me.


Not yet.

No comments: