January 29, 2007


I always knew that retired? politicians garnered big bucks on speaking tours, but I didn't know they got this much. This much meaning fifty thousand dollars per speech. Newt Gingrich does and he makes about sixty speeches per year. Now, I'm not a math whiz, but I think that totals out to about three million per year. There is a good article about this in todays fortune magazine. The article is called THE NEW NEWT THING.
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/

Newt is thinking of throwing his hat in the election sweepstakes, and I say why not. It's going to be a wide open race this time out, and we will need many, many candidates to trot out for our inspection. They will have to be built for endurance though as it will be a long haul to the end. The money that will be needed for almost two years of campaigning will be astronomical. I think money will be the killer for most of these guys and girls running.

No comments: