August 13, 2006


We went to see a local fully staged production of SOUND OF MUSIC. I live in a medium to small town, approx. 50,000 people. The show was great, the acting was adequate, but the singing was fantastic. Of course, our local symphonic orchestra accompanied them, and maybe even I would sound good. No, I go too far with that one. But it raises a question. How much talent there is that never gets much farther than local productions and how frustrating is that for the performer, and/or is that enough? Is it drive that gets the talent to attempt to climb the ladder to recognition, or luck by being seen by someone with connections? I don’t know, but I do know that I want to thank those who entertained me in my little town and exponentially all those who are fulfilled enough by performing locally. Bravo to you all.

No comments: