April 20, 2011

Died alone?

MANSFIELD: .............., 70, of Mansfield, passed away Friday, April 15, 2011 at his home. Arrangements are pending with ............ Funeral Services. Anyone with any information regarding Mr. ......., please contact the funeral home.

This appeared in my local newspaper today. I found it terribly sad. I don't know any specifics, nor did I know the deceased. Perhaps he has someone who just did not keep in touch. I hope so.


To die alone
by chance or design

seventy years you lived
I hope you had happiness
and memories to recall.

To have no one at the end
seems cruel if by design
or perhaps you desired
to meet someone on the other side.

Good thoughts, fear, resignation?
We will never know.

A happy transition is my wish to you
to a place of happiness and hopes fulfilled.

No comments: