May 10, 2010

"Are you sure you mean me? My name is spelled K... I..."...



Now I am going to take five seconds of serious time to thank Ivan Shreve Jr, who is a very good blogger and does a good job everyday, and teaches the rest of us how it is done with his blog Thrilling Days Of Yesterday.

According to the rules, I am sworn to do the following:

* You must thank the person who has given you the award.
* Copy the award logo and place it on your blog.
* Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
* Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
* Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
* Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
* Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated

Seven things that you people out there may find interesting about me? Well now me telling you a few things that were exciting to me won't make me any less sappy than I am but here goes:

First, I may be in the older league of bloggers (73 in July). Born in 1937, which makes me a member of the Pre-Boomers, the notoriously silent generation. Do you really want to get me started?

Second, While in the military and flying as a passenger from Japan to Taiwan over the China Sea, the two engine airplane became a one engine airplane and the aircrew made us ready to bailout. I knew if I didn't die from the crackup, I would drown trying to get into one of those little rubber rafts. Scared? I think I was too young to know the peril I was in. Being young had some value. Of course the airplane kept going on one engine.

3) Celebrities I spotted on the street in Washington and New York city were David Brinkley and James Mason, both taller than I thought. They politely smiled.

4) Remember Jimmy Piersall the baseball player who had a mental problem while he was still playing? I saw him play at the old Griffith park in Washington where you could sit in the front row any day because nobody every went to the ball games. We yelled a word or two of encouragement, and he told us to go F--- ourselves. Nice guy.

5) Saw John Kennedy at arms length.

6) I may be one of the last 50 fans of the Cleveland Indians remaining this season.

7) I'd better stop, I'm getting older and every second counts.

Nominate (7) seven other Kreativ Bloggers.

The Classic TV History Blog


The Comics Curmudgon








Self-Styled Siren

Scouting New York

Book Patrol

Slightly Exaggerated

Verse Daily

No comments: