October 28, 2009

A BLUR IS NOT ALWAYS JUST A BLUR



There were a bunch of guys in the nineteenth century who painted landscapes that ended up looking somewhat like this, one of which was the famous Van Gogh. Van Gogh painted fields of wheat and crows that looked blurred, but was his impression of what he saw. I once read where he was near sighted and without correction that is indeed what it would have looked like to him.

But on a recent trip through Pennsylvania, among other pictures taken and which were much clearer, came this blurry shot which I liked. I think I'll call it Reminiscences of a season. A fancy name I think for a failed photography shot.

Below is the painting I refer to wheatfield and crows. This is sometimes referred to as Van Gogh's last work, but other historys say no, he painted maybe seven more in his last year.

No comments: