December 20, 2006



Christmas week is upon us and I am enjoying it quite a lot. Our children and grandchildren all live away, so we have bought and sent their gifts, so that is all done. The cards have all been sent, of course there will be a card that will arrive that we left off of our list. The wife has been busy making cookies for days now. I don't know who's going to eat them all, well I really do. Our wedding anniversary is on the twenty-third of the month so it fills up our holiday calendar. I want to visit the church where we were married fifty-one years ago and sing a carol or two. I hardly know the words of any carol completely, but I'll hum a little when I get to the parts I don't know, it'll work out. We've been invited to a Christmas eve supper and am looking forward to that, and then on the big day we will visit a lodge in the woods for Christmas dinner. My wife has purchased me a couple presents that I can't guess what they might be, so that will be fun.

The picture above is by the late painter Charles Wysocki. It reminds me of Christmastime of my youth. No, I'm not that old, but we always seemed to have lots of snow, and thats what is familiar. Maybe Al Gore is correct with his talk of global warming.

No comments: